Starting the Timid Horse From Scratch - Kalila
From hard to catch to under saddle
Meet Kalila, an adorable 3yr old Grullo Paint filly from Alberta. She came to Lindsey very fearful. We were warned to be careful when trying to catch her because she would try to spin and kick. She was extremely shy.
In the beginning it took about half an hour to catch her and you get to see how in just a couple sessions how that turned into only a few minutes.
Lindsey takes you through every training session, from hard to catch out into the paddock to under saddle in the ring.
There are many different types of horses, and Kalila being a really sensitive and skittish horse provides many learning opportunities.
See all of the 6 Core Calm Connection Exercises, the ABCs, and saddling/mounting for the first time.
By session 3 Kalila is doing all of the calm connection exercises on the ground and all of the 8 ABCs.
Follow the journey, learn from the progress, and thank you for supporting Harmony Horsemanship.
Lindsey Partridge is the founder of Harmony Horsemanship dedicated to helping you do more with less by understanding yourself, your horse, and the language that connects you.
- Lindsey has been called 'Canada's Horse Whisperer' by the Toronto Star and 'The Queen of Thoroughbreds' by The Rider.
- 2019 EXCA Reserve World Champion in the Mustang Class
- 2019 Equine Affaire Versatility Challenge Reserve Champion
- Multiple Champion and Reserve Champion in Mustang Training Challenges from 2019 to present including Legends Champion at the MidWest Horse Fair 2019.
- Multiple Champion, Reserve, and Finalist titles at the International RRP Thoroughbred Makeover from 2015 to present in Trail, Freestyle, Field Hunter, and Ranch.
- Freestyle Judge
- Horse Trainer for feature films including Unbridled and Autumn Stables
- Certified Competition English and Western coach with Equine Canada
- Level 2 Centered Riding Instructor